UNFRIED CHIPOTLE PICKLES (w) DIPPING SAUCE Chipotle Seasoning
Makes 8 servings
32 ounces oval sliced dill pickles
½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
¼ cup corn meal
¼ cup flour
1 tablespoon Chipotle Seasoning, or more to taste, divided
1 large egg
1 large egg white
Olive oil spray
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Oh! So Garlic! Seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450⁰F along with 2 baking sheets.
2. Make dipping sauce by combining all the dip ingredients and refrigerate while preparing pickles.
3. Place pickles to drain on paper towels and pat excess moisture off.
4. Mix bread crumbs, flour and cornmeal, salt, pepper and half the Chipotle Seasoning.
5. Whisk eggs and egg white in a bowl and season with remaining Chipotle Seasoning.
6. Dip pickles in egg mixture and then into the crumbs mixture, pressing down on the crumbs.
7. Remove baking sheets from the oven and spray with olive oil spray; place pickles on the sheets and spray the tops with more oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, turn and spray with oil again, cook for an additional five minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with dipping sauce.