TURKEY CORN CHOWDER Chipotle Seasoning
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn (thawed)
15 ounces cream style corn
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, cleaned and finely diced
2 tablespoons Chipotle Seasoning
½ cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 cup heavy cream
28 ounces petite diced tomatoes
1. In a stock pot, heat EVOO on medium high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent and slightly browned. Reduce heat, add wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
2. Turn heat back up to medium high, add ground turkey and cook through, breaking up larger pieces. Stir in jalapeno peppers and Chipotle Seasoning. Add chicken broth, corn kernels and tomatoes.
3. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes at a reduced heat. Add creamed corn and heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, so that cream does not separate.
Crock Pot Version
1. Place all ingredients (except cream corn & heavy cream) in crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hour or low for 7-8 hours.
2. In the last 30 minutes of cook time, stir in cream corn and heavy cream. Cover and continue cooking.
3. Optional toppings: cilantro, sour cream, bacon or shredded cheese.