TORTELLINI & BUTTERNUT SQUASH Rosemary & Basil Seasoned Sea Salt
Serves 4 to 6
2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash, ½ inch pieces
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 ½ teaspoons Rosemary & Basil Seasoned Sea Salt, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup pecans, chopped
1 ½ pounds cheese tortellini
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butternut squash, EVOO and ½ teaspoon Rosemary & Basil Seasoned Sea Salt. Spread the squash on the baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the pecans in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan and stir the nuts so that they do not burn. Cook until they begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook tortellini according to the package directions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
5. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring now and then until the butter starts to brown. Add the garlic and cook until the butter bubbles and the garlic begins to brown. Turn off heat and let cool for 1 minute. Add the vinegar and freshly ground pepper to taste.
6. Add the tortellini, 1 teaspoon Rosemary & Basil Seasoned Sea Salt and butternut squash to the butter sauce and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the pecans and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.