SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE Maple Bacon Sugar
Serves 12 350⁰F
3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup Maple Bacon Sugar
½ cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ cup old-fashioned oats
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup cold butter, cubed
2 cups miniature marshmallows, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰ F. Place sweet potatoes in a stockpot covered with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: cook, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, make topping by combining flour, brown sugar, oats and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
3. Drain potatoes; return to pan, beat until mashed. Add Maple Bacon Sugar, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; beat until combined. Transfer to a greased broiler safe 13×9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle topping over potato mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden, about 45 minutes.
5. If desired, sprinkle with marshmallows and broil 4 to 5 seconds or until marshmallow are puffed and golden.