SWEET HEAT BAKED BEANS, Sweet Heat Mesquite Sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 jar Sweet Heat Mesquite Sugar
2 slices bacon
2 cans (15oz) cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1. Mix first 5 ingredients together, set aside.
2. Cut bacon into one inch slices and fry in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from the skillet and set in a medium size bowl.
3. Cook onion in bacon drippings until translucent, place in bowl with bacon.
4. Add beans to onion and bacon mixture. Add ½ of sauce mixture and stir until well mixed; pour into a 9 X 9 baking dish.
5. Bake at 350⁰F for one hour or until sauce is thickened and beans are cooked.
6. Refrigerate remaining sauce for future use.
Suggestion: If you would like a sweeter flavor, substitute our Maple Bacon Sugar in place of the Sweet Heat Mesquite Sugar.