Spinach and Cheese Polenta Casserole Garden Vegetable Seasoning
4 cups water
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup polenta
⅓ cup Garden Vegetable Seasoning
1 large onion, sliced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons chicken granules
1 box frozen spinach
1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium stock pot bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add chicken granules, polenta and Garden Vegetable Seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes. Spread into a greased 9X13 pan and let cool a bit.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet and add onion. Once onion begins to brown add mushrooms. Stir in stained spinach and toss until warm.
4. The onion, mushroom, and spinach mixture goes on top of the polenta and is topped with the Mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes and an extra three minutes under the broiler to brown.
6. Before serving, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, optional.