ROTINI WITH CATALAN SAUCE Sweet Bell Pepper
1 pound rotini pasta
3 one inch slices baguette or 2 slices Italian bread, toasted
8 tablespoons Sweet Bell Pepper Seasoning
¼ cup salted almonds
1½ cups chicken broth
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup EVOO
1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
10 ounces frozen baby peas
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
2. Meanwhile, tear the toast into pieces and place in a blender along with the Sweet Bell Pepper Seasoning, vinegar, oil, 1 ½ cups chicken broth, almonds and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large skillet and bring to a simmer.
3. When pasta is barely al dente add peas and continue to cook until peas are just tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Drain pasta and peas in a colander and add to sauce along with ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
5. Divide into four warmed bowls and serve immediately. Salt to taste and top with additional grated Parmesan if desired.