PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
⅓ cup dried cherries, chopped
¼ cup plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon water
1 egg yolk
1 ½ tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons EVOO
1 tablespoon Traditional Italian Seasoning
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 thin slices prosciutto
¾ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, or to taste
1 tablespoon butter
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Brush the inside of an oven-proof skillet with vegetable oil. Set aside
3. Mix cherries, bread crumbs, egg yolk, water, Parmesan cheese, EVOO, and Traditional Italian Seasoning until combined.
4. Cut a 1 inch slit in each chicken breast by slicing at an angle from the thick end of the breast toward the thinner end.
5. Open flap and place one chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of ½ inch. Repeat with the other breast.
6. Place half the stuffing on each chicken breast, place each breast on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a tight roll. Twisting the ends of the plastic wrap to create a tight package.
7. On a piece of plastic wrap, slightly overlap 2 slices of prosciutto so they are as wide as the rolled chicken breast. Unwrap rolled chicken breast and place on one end of the prosciutto. Roll prosciutto around the stuffed breast using the plastic to make a tight roll. Repeat with second breast.
8. Lay 4 pieces of cooking string on the cutting board, about 1 inch apart. Place chicken roll across the strings and tie each into a knot to keep the chicken from unrolling. Repeat with second breast.
9. Place chicken breasts in the prepared skillet and bake until the prosciutto is browned and crispy and chicken is no longer pink, about 35 minutes or until thermometer reads 165˚F. Remove chicken to a plate and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
10. Drain grease from the pan as desired, leaving juice and browned bits. Pour in chicken broth and Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, while scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until liquid has reduced by half, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter and stir until melted. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
11. Remove string from chicken breasts; slice into bite sized pieces. Serve drizzled with pan sauce.