Polenta Casserole with Fontina Garden Vegetable Seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Salt & pepper to taste
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup polenta
⅓ cup Garden Vegetable Seasoning
2 cups grated Fontina cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onions and garlic, sauté until onions are translucent.
2. Add canned tomatoes and chopped fresh basil, salt & pepper to taste, simmer until sauce is reduced to about 3 cups.
3. In a large saucepan bring water to a boil, add a teaspoon of salt, polenta and Garden Vegetable Seasoning package. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Prepare an 8x8x2 by brushing with olive oil. Spread ⅓ of sauce over the bottom of the dish. Pour half of the polenta over the sauce. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Pour another third of the sauce over the cheese. Pour the remaining half of the polenta over the sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cover with remaining sauce. Let stand for 2 hours at room temperature.
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake until completely heated through, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.