NEW YORK STRIP STEAK WITH HARICOTS VERTS Basil, Garlic and Pine Nut Pesto
1 pound New York strip steak
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¾ pound haricots verts (green beans)
1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon EVOO
8 tablespoons Basil, Garlic and Pine Nut Pesto
½ cup water
1. Prepare Basil, Garlic and Pine Nut Pesto according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Pat the steak day and cut into 4 pieces. Sprinkle each piece with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. In a 12” heavy skillet over moderately high heat, heat the oil until hot, but not smoking, and sauté the steaks, in batches if necessary, turning over once. For medium rare, allow 3 to 5 minutes for thin pieces and 5 to 7 minutes for thicker pieces. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes, slice into strips.
4. Add sliced pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally for 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water cook haricots verts uncovered until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Add the peppers to the skillet and stir in the prepared Basil, Garlic and Pine Nut Pesto.
6. Divide between 4 plates and top with the sliced steak.