MEATBALL STEW Herbes de Provence
3 cups beef broth
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
12 frozen fully-cooked meatballs or, (your favorite homemade) ½ ounce each
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
1 cup tri-color spiral pasta or 1 package of egg noodles, cooked & drained
1. In a 3 quart stock pot, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
2. Cook pasta; stir into stew just before serving.
Crock Pot Version
1. Place broth, stewed tomatoes, meat balls, and spices in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before serving cook noodles then add noodles and frozen vegetables to the crock pot.
* Note – if making your own meatballs, pan fry until all sides are browned before placing in the crock pot.