LEMONY SUMMER SQUASH BREAD Mango Tangerine Sugar
Makes 2 loaves 325⁰F oven
1 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup Mango Tangerine Sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups grated summer squash
1 tablespoon melted butter
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Grease and flour 2 regular loaf pans or 4 mini pans.
2. Mix butter, sugars, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add eggs one at a time and once all are incorporated, beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Add squash and stir just to blend.
6. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 325⁰F for 45 minutes for small loaf pans or 1 hour for regular size loaf pans.
7. Allow pan to cook; remove the bread and place top down on a serving plate.
To prepare Glaze:
1. Combine melted butter and powdered sugar and stir until smooth; add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir to combine.
2. Add water or milk if necessary to get the right consistency.
3. Pour the glaze over the top of the loaves: covering it completely and letting excess dribble down the sides.