GRILLED AVOCADO STUFFED BURGERS, Herbes de Provence
2 pounds lean ground beef
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
1-½ ripe avocado, sliced crosswise
¼ cup mayo
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Chipotle Seasoning
Leftover avocado slices from burger
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef with next 7 ingredients until well combined. Form into 12 thin, equal patties, approximately 3 ounces each.
3. Slice the avocados in half crosswise, remove the pit and then slice each half into 3 equal slices; keep the 2 larger slices to stuff the burgers and use the smaller ends to make the Avocado Mayo.
4. In a small bowl, add mayo, Chipotle Seasonings and salt with the leftover avocado slices, mash roughly with a fork to combine.
5. To build the burgers, place avocado slice on six of the patties, then drop a spoonful of the mayo right in the center of the avocado slices. Cover with a second patty, then carefully pick this up in your hands and pinch the edges with your fingers to make sure your patties are nicely sealed.
6. Brush the patties with Avocado Oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on desired level of doneness.