CHICKEN (w) MUSHROOMS & FIG BALSAMIC SAUCE Fig Balsamic Vinegar
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
5 to 6 tablespoons Ultimate Garlic Oil
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup onion, chopped
½ cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Pound chicken to ¼ inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper, mix well.
3. Heat Ultimate Garlic Oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
4. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture and cook until lightly browned on first side. Turn chicken and add mushrooms and onion around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 minutes longer or until browned.
5. Stir onions and mushroom. Add the Fig Balsamic Vinegar to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Serve with hot cooked pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
Suggestions: Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if you would like a little tartness to your sauce. Be creative by adding chopped fresh herbs or additional vegetables.