CHICKEN EMPANADAS Chipotle Seasoning
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Chipotle Seasoning
1 tablespoon water
1 package ready to use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
2. Combine Mayonnaise and Chipotle Seasoning in a small bowl, let set about 15 minutes for flavors to develop.
3. Combine first 3 ingredients and Mayonnaise mixture. Whisk egg and water until blended.
4. Unroll 1 pie crust on a lightly floured surface; roll out to a 12 inch diameter with a rolling pin. Cut into 8 (4 inch) rounds with a biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place in a single layer on parchment covered baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pie crust.
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture onto the center of each dough round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half. Gently press tops to remove excess air; seal edges with a fork. Brush with remaining egg and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.