CHICKEN CACCIATORE SLOW-COOKED Garlic & Rosemary Oil
1 whole chicken cut up, split breasts into quarters
½ cup flour
3 tablespoons Garlic & Rosemary Oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
1 large onion, peeled & sliced
1 large green pepper, cleaned & sliced
1 cup red wine, dry
24 ounces prepared seasoned tomato sauce
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat Garlic & Rosemary Oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Place flour and chicken in a gallon size re-sealable plastic bag; shake until all of the chicken is coated with the flour. Brown chicken lightly on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker.
3. Add garlic, mushrooms, peppers and onions to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in wine and tomato sauce, bring to a simmer.
4. Add sauce and vegetable mixture to the slow cooker. Cover; cook 6 to 7 hours on low heat setting or 3 to 4 hours on high heat setting.
5. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste.