BARBEQUE PARMESAN CHICKEN Smokey-Sweet BBQ Seasoning
Serves 4 375˚ F
8 oz can tomato sauce
4 tablespoons Smokey-Sweet Barbeque Seasoning, divided
½ cup cracker crumbs, finely crushed
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon water
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons EVOO
1. Combine tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon Smokey-Sweet Barbeque Seasoning, set aside.
2. Mix cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons Smokey-Sweet Barbeque Seasoning, set aside.
3. Mix egg and water, set aside.
4. Flatten chicken breast with meat mallet. Dip each breast in egg mixture then roll in cracker Parmesan mixture. Sauté chicken in oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Place in a grease baking dish.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven. Pour tomato mixture over chicken and top with mozzarella cheese, bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.